Pesticide Mala ULV 96
Pesti Mala ULV 96 is broad-spectrum organophosphate insecticide and acaricide (used to kill ticks and mites). Considerably less toxic to humans than parathion, malathion is suited for the control of household and garden insects and is important in the control of mosquitoes, boll weevils, fruit fli
Pesticide Mala ULV 96 is broad-spectrum organophosphate insecticide and acaricide (used to kill ticks and mites). Considerably less toxic to humans than parathion, malathion is suited for the control of household and garden insects and is important in the control of mosquitoes, boll weevils, fruit flies, and lice.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Pesti Mala ULV 96 is used undiluted in specially designed aircraft or ground equipment capable of applying ultra low volumes for control of the insects
FOR AERIAL APPLICATION : Where aerial use is appropriate, suitable and safe.
Directions for Use
Apply only by fixed-wing or rotary aircraft equipment which has been functionally and operationally calibrated for the atmospheric conditions of the area and the
application rates and conditions of this label. Label rates, conditions and precautions are product specific. Read and understand the entire label before opening this product. Apply only at the rate recommended for aerial application on this label. Where no rate for aerial application appears for the specific use, this product cannot be applied by any type of aerial equipment. Ensure uniform application. To avoid streaked, uneven or overlapped application, use appropriate marking devices or GPS navigation.
Pesti Mala ULV 96 can be effectively applied with conventional aircraft spray equipment by making a few minor modifications to the plumbing and boom assembly.
Pumps capable of producing pressures of 275-350 kPa will be satisfactory. A bleed line, at least 5 mm in diameter should be installed on the high point of the impeller chamber to release trapped air. This line should bleed back to the top of the tank above the liquid level.
A by-pass is required from the spray pump outlet to the spray pump inlet. This line must be equal in diameter to the pump outlet and should contain a valve controllable from the cockpit that will permit adjustments of boom pressure in flight. The by-pass commonly used to recirculate MALATHION 95 ULV to the spray tank must be closed to avoid aeration of the insecticide.
BOOM AND NOZZLE PLACEMENT
The distance between the left and right outboard nozzles should be at least 3/4 of the wing span. The total number of nozzles used should be equally spaced across this span if the aircraft is flown at six metres or higher. Trailing edge booms are desirable and the nozzles should be placed on the boom where pilot can readily see them to check for plugging during spray operation. A bleed line at least 5 mm in diameter should be attached to the outer end of each boom and routed back to the top of the spray tank but above the liquid level. This line will bleed off pressure and prevent sharp cut-off. If a nozzle is placed at each end of boom, as many Ag Cat spray booms are assembled, this bleed line is not necessary.
Use at least 4 to 6 flat fan nozzles, such as Spraying Systems 8001, 80015, or 8002 for small aircraft, such as Piper Pawnees and Stearmans. For aircraft operating at 240 km/h or faster, use 10 to 14 of the 8010 or 8015 flat fan nozzles. Nozzles should be pointed straight downward on small aircraft and straight back for faster aircraft. Use 100 mesh screens with 8001, 80015 and 8002 nozzles. Diaphragm check valves should be used on each nozzle to insure positive cut-off of spray during flight. Do not use cone nozzles. Rotary atomizers, commonly known as Mini-Spin nozzles, developed by the Plant Pest Control Division, can be substituted for the flat fan nozzles. Use the same flat nozzle tips as mentioned above when using the Mini-Spin nozzles.
MOSQUITO AND FLY CONTROL
Pesticide Mala ULV 96 Ultra Low Volume Aerial Application where Automobiles, Trailers, Trucks are present. Aerial spraying should not be attempted when the wind is at or above 15 km/h or temperature is above 27°C. Undiluted spray droplets of Pesticide Mala ULV 96 will permanently damage vehicle paint finishes unless the fixed wing aircraft used for the ultra low volume application meets all of the specifications listed below:
- Aircraft is operated at 240 km/h or more.
- There are no leaks in the ultra volume low spray system.
- Nozzles are placed on the boom at a 45° angle down and into the wind.
- Diaphragm check valves are used on all nozzles to insure positive cut-off
of the spray.
- Dosage of Pesticide Mala ULV 96 does not exceed 200 mL/ha when spraying where vehicles are present.
- The spray system produces droplets of this product in the 50 to 60 mass median diameter (MMD) micron range, with no more than 10% of the droplets exceeding 100 microns, as determined be readings made from microscope slides coated with Dri-Film. For information on determination of droplet size, request additional data from United Agri Products.
- Use recommendations: Adult mosquitoes, Houseflies, stable flies in feedlots, stabling areas and
pastures. 425 - 550 mL/ha
IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS, RATES MUST NOT EXCEED 260 g a.i./ha (i.e. 274 mL product/ha).
Residential areas are defined as sites where bystanders including children may be potentially exposed during or after spraying. This includes around homes, schools, parks, playgrounds, playing fields, public buildings or any other areas where the general public including children could be exposed. Consult Provincial/Territorial pesticide regulatory officials for required authorization.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
- DO NOT contaminate food, feed, fertilizers or seed.
- Remove contaminated clothing.
- Hazardous if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin.
- DO NOT treat dairy barns.
- Avoid breathing spray mist.
- DO NOT apply to pastures while occupied by dairy animals.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
- DO NOT treat any plants while in bloom. This product is also toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on crops. This product is toxic to fish. DO NOT contaminate any body of water by direct application, cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes and containers.
For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse container for any other purpose.
- Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
- Follow provincial instructions for any required additional cleaning of the container prior to its disposal.
- Make the empty container unsuitable for further use.
- Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
- For information on the disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the distributor or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the distributor and
the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
NOTICE TO USER:
This pest control product is to be used only in accordance with the directions on the label. It is an offence under the PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT to use this product in a way that is inconsistent with the directions on the label. The user assumes the risk to persons or property that arises from any such use of this product
|Apperance and Odour||Straw to amber coloured liquid with a slightly aromatic odor.|
|Specific Gravity||1.23 g/ml|
|Bulk Density||1.23 kg/L|
|Vapor Pressure||3.4 x 10 -6 mm/hg @ 25oc (77o F)|
|Percent VolatileL||Not Established|
Organophosphate Insecticide Malathion Pesticides Concentrate manufcaturer and supplier in Muscat Oman, Fujairah UAE Middle East, Dubai, Sharjah, Abudhabi, Diera, Ajman, Mumbai, Gandhidham, Bihar, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata - West Bengal, Odisha
It is a colourless to yellow-brown liquid with a characteristic unpleasant odour. It is generally prepared by combining O,O-dimethyl phosphorodithioate with diethyl maleate. It is soluble in most organic solvents except paraffin hydrocarbons and is practically insoluble in water. Malathion is readily decomposed by alkalies. The chemical works by binding to the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE) at nerve endings, thus disrupting the neurotransmitter acetylcholine (ACh) and ultimately causing death.
Malathion is highly toxic to bees and other beneficial insects, aquatic invertebrates, and some species of fish, notably bluegill and largemouth bass. It is of moderate toxicity to birds.